Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

home

Programmer
May 2, 1999
US
I am using Crystal reports for Visual dBase V 3.0.1.6 with Borland Visual dBase 5.0 and Windows 95. I have developed an application for distribution to a couple of customers and am having a major problem controlling printer selection and paper sizes. The application consists of several reports being printed on different printers. Most are on 8 ½ x 11 paper but one is on 8 ½ x 7 paper. The application being printed on 7 inch paper has a special printer name which is set to 7 inch paper as the default in the Windows/Settings/Printer screen. The application currently presents a Printer Dialog box (I would rather have printer select by program control) for selection of the printer. When selecting this special printer the paper size comes up 8 ½ x 11 and not the default paper size selected in Windows. <br>
<br>
Questions: 1) how do I select the proper printer under program control in either Crystal or Visual dBase, and 2) how do I control or get the 7 inch paper length I am looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back