Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer bandwidth limit: which value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isterios

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2003
NL
Hello,

I have actually 100 citrix users, 50% using 100Mb lan, and 50% using "small lines" from 2Mo to 56Ko.

Which correct value can I put in printer bandwidth?

Thanks.

We went with the "unlimited" selection, and find that the print routine somehow seems to shape the job to suit itself, and have had no problems thus far.

Unlimitied may work, but not in all situations. If you try printing a PDF which expands from say 30k to over a couple of MB when printing then this can kill the smaller connections. I restricted our printing bandwidth to 32kb and as yet have not had any complaints - start small and increase as necessary. This will allow even a dial-up user to keep working while printing

I agree with LordP...I had to restrict our printing bandwith down to 15kb especially to keep dial-up users working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back