Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printed page cuts off content

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakecop

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
US
I am building a site that is 770 pixels wide.
When I print a page it cuts of the content at 660 pixels.

I do not want to decrease the width because I need the room for all the buttons at the top of the page.

I have seen web pages with wide margins, and when I print, it all fits on the page (8" x 11"). I cannot figure out how they do it.

Help please

[lightsaber]

Suggest you put together a PRINT stylesheet that gets rid of all the unnecessary graphics and navigation... and deliver something more suitable to such a medium. That way you can keep the current SCREEN layout and have a wonderful PRINT layout as well!

Next step... Aural Stylesheets [smile]

Cheers,
Jeff

BabyJeffy,

Is this what many sites refer to as "Printer Friendly Version" ??

rvnguy

Some sites may use CSS to deliver pages that they call "print friendly" -- whilst others may actually deliver different physical HTML (via a server-side mechanism) and call them "printer friendly".

I would refer to both scenarios as "printer friendly" -- but would always attempt to convince a client that the CSS version is cheaper to build and cheaper to maintian into the future. They have agreed with me to date [smile]

Cheers,
Jeff

In stead of designing your site 770 pixels wide use percentage width. Then whenever a person resizes there window your site adjust to the new size and it will also adjust to whatever size paper it's being printed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back