Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printcaller memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckman68

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
I have RCC on an Windows XP service pack 2 and I get an error that states there is a memory error reading the printercaller.exe. Any ideas what is causing that? I have 512K of memory in the PC and it is not stating that it does not have sufficant memory so I am at a loss. I have uninstalled the RCC software and reinstalled it and no change. This is on a BCM400 with 3.6. Thank you for your help.

XP SP2 enables a firewall which messes up RCC, CDR, etc. Have you disabled that FW? I'm sorry but I can't lay my hands on the instructions for this but I suspect that's what your problem is.

you can disable FW and test - like r307
if thats the problem, them you can add printcaller.exe as a trusted program

I have the firewall disabled already and it is coming up with the message. I will copy the exact message I get when it happens again.

beckman86, until recently I was fighting the same issue on a barebones XP box with 1 GB of RAM. The only difference is that we're running BCM400 4.0. I would suggest that you backup your database per the instructions, remove RCC, MySQL, and Java, apply the latest system updates (which may have an RCC update), and reinstall a new downloaded copy of RCC. Don't forget to restore your data.

I've been working on this problem since the phone system was installed in December and performing all the above steps repeatedly so I can't say what exactly worked. Our vendor kept blaming the server even though it was brand new. The problem I'm having now is that we can't generate real-time reports. Scheduled reports print fine, however they take quite some time to generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back