Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PrintArea

Status
Not open for further replies.

trefor

Technical User
Jun 22, 2003
GB
I have a Spreadsheet (Excel 2000) which creats a table 8 columns wide by a variable number of rows (can be as small as 5 or 300-400)with the two top rqws being the table headers. The number of the last row is held in a separate cell. The table may have blank lines.

I need to be able to set the print area as part of a macro.
However the printarea code reqires (as far as I can make out)the range to be specified in terms such as $A$1:$H$76.
but how do I get to this if I know one addres as (say)$A$4 but the other only in terms of the column (8) and the row - a variable held in (say)square G8.
PrintArea = $A$1:Cells(myvariable,8)doesn't work neither does Printarea = $A$1:ActiveCell.Address - any ideas anyone?

Hi trefor,

PrintArea needs to be a string so, with your examples, use ..

Code:
"$A$1:" & Cells(myvariable,8).Address
or ...

Code:
"$A$1:" & ActiveCell.Address

Enjoy,
Tony

Tony,
Oh, I see. Didn't realise it had to be a string but would have struggled anyway! Many thanks for such a prompt and concise reply.Worked great. Again - many thanks
Trefor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back