Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print VB Data Report to File for eMail, Print, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magallo

Technical User
Jul 16, 2002
US
Hello. VB youngin' here requesting direction from more experienced users.

My company provides a CD for our distributors to use when creating sales quotes, and I have been asked to take the print function of the program, which currently uses Crystal Reports, to the level of printing to an external file. We would like to use PDF, but since it will need to be distributed, if we could export to Word or something which most users will already have, that might be easier.

Does Crystal Reports have the capabilities to perform this function with help from VB, or can I create a VB Data Report and use VB code? What kind of drawbacks can be expected from distributing a PDF Writer program on the CD? Are there any other options out there which may work better?

I am just looking for directions to look into at this point, so any and all comments or suggestions will be most helpful.

My thanks,
Michelle Gallo

You can try the VSView Print Preview control from ComponentOne. They also have a PDF control to take the contents from the Print Preview control and create a PDF. That's all you'd have to redistribute (just like any other control in your app - no need for PDF Writer or Acrobat or whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back