Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print to two printers at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

catty1160

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I am doing a small job which the user requests to click on one print button, two of the printers connecting to the computer will print out the same report simultaneously.
The two printers are about 60 feet away. The user will only want to click on one button ("Print"). He does not like to go to control panel to switch between printers. What kind of network setting, or code (I use VB), whatever I can use to achieve this?

An alternative he can accept is this: the screen has two buttons, one to printer1, one to printer2. He won't mind to click on printer1 button, then printer2 button to get out the report in two printers. However, he does not want to use manual 2-way switer(connecting to computer), or go to control panel to switch the printer. My problem is that I can only set up one default printer in the control panel now (Window 2000 or XP).

Any advices are appreciated.

Catty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back