Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

grafixenter

Instructor
Mar 13, 2006
UG
I have not used PM for quite some time but I am forced to use it now.

I have a document that has a colour logo designed in CorelDraw. The logo is not linked and I would like kto reuse it another application (Illustrator)

When I print to pdf I select 'Separations' because it is the only option for colour available and I end up with 4 process (cmyk) pages of pdf with the image on the Black process page.

When I use Composite, I get the image all in grayscale.

The image is editable in Illustrator but I would not want to replace the original colours as I may give the wrong colours.

How do I get only one Full Colour page in PDF.

--- Am using PrimoPDF converter software not Acrobat Distiller

Open the CDR file in Illy, save as PDF and print the composite or separations using Acrobat's Advanced options. Illy makes really good PDFs.

Or have I missed something?

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Missed just a bit!

I cannot open the CDR file in Illy cause there is no original file to convert to ai.

But when I PRINT to pdf it retains vector properties of the logo though in grayscale.

I would like to PRINT to pdf and retain the colours

--- Am using PrimoPDF converter software not Acrobat Distiller

But when I PRINT to pdf it retains vector properties of the logo though in grayscale
OK - I get it now.

Try the two stage process to create a PDF (click here) making sure you're using the correct Distiller PPD.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back