Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print to Acrobat Prof 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

raa44634

Technical User
Dec 13, 2001
US
There's an annoyance I need to surpass.

When I send a report to adobe, I do not want to view the PDF results.
Even though I've used printer setup>properties to establish my preference, Adobe still executes and shows the PDF file.

In addition to the simple code below, can someone help me write the additional code needed so that Adobe will not show the PDF results? Unfortunately, I am not as skilled as I would like to be with coding at this point.

Many thanks in advance!!!
- Tony -

DoCmd.OpenReport "rep_Inv", acPrint, , , acWindowNormal

Are you printing directly to the Adobe 6 printer, "Adobe PDF"? If you set the printer preferences by selecting the check boxes that appear on the left side (Display, Prompt for Filename, etc) they should set the options for that printer.

If you print via the Distiller rather than directly, you probably need to set those properties in Distiller. Version 6 works differently than 5 and has lots of quirks.

I print directly to Adobe PDF and the printer settings always work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back