Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print test page all black on Designjet 650C Plotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDog

MIS
Aug 19, 1999
US
I have the HP Designjet 650C. From the front panel the test page prints fine. I installed the latest driver for the unit and attempted to print a test page through Windows XP from the printer properties page. I can tell that it is printing the Windows Print Test Page, but it is printing black ink over the top of everywhere where text appears on the test page. I can see the letters are being printed behind all the black ink. I get this same result when I tried to print a document created in Windows Publisher (document printing but covered in black ink). Not sure what to do. Any help appreciated.

Did it print ok with the old driver? If so roll back to the old one. Not uncommon for newer drivers to cause problems.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

I never had an older driver. I just got the plotter and just wanted to mention that I have the latest driver.

Ahhh in that case I would say it doesn't look good. Did you buy it as is? If so did you have the seller print anything to verify it works befoe purchasing? Aside from that you could try resoring default settings. If that doesn't work you could try changing the ink cartridges. Sounds to me like the main logic board is bad. Not good.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

Nah, it prints fine until except through windows and microsoft. I think it is a driver related issue, or some setting somewhere which I need to change.

In that case refer to my first post and try an older driver version, or restore factory defaults. Should be an option in the control panel for that. If you have messed with settings I would restore defaults first.

Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back