Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Spooler Shuts Down Frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonnier

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2001
US
I have a brand new Dell computer with Vista Business and the print spooler constantly is shutting down. I have tried uninstalling all the printers associated with this computer which is on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server and the print spooler will still shut down. This is very annoying and I can't find a solution on Microsoft's tech pages. Anyone have a fix for this?

See if there is any clues in this lot?

Stopping of the Print Spooler
thread779-686557

XP Printing Issues
thread779-1122140

XP SP2 Print Spooler Problem
thread779-1014755

How to clean up printer drivers

If it has ever worked correctly and you have System Restore points then using that may be an option.

You could try the System File Checker program.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista

Installing and reinstalling Windows

I gave up trying to find the problem, I just re-installed Vista Business and now it seems to work fine. This came from Dell with the problem already installed. I just wonder sometimes. Thanks for you response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back