Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Spooler servuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

grshopper

MIS
May 1, 2002
US
We have a windows 2000 server dedicated to as a print server and we regularly have problems with the spooler service. It seems that about every 2 weeks we fight with the server all day restarting the server and the spooler service several times and finally it hits a good reboot and works for a couple of days. As an example we have restarted the server twice this mornnig and the spooler service 12 times in the span of about 3 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this.

Windows 2000/SP2

---------------------------------------
A+, MCP
---------------------------------------

I take it you have checked the disk space.

Take a look at the location of the spooled jobs and make sure the spooler has room.

Try changing the partition that the spooler resides on.

Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

IMHO the problem is the disk space either.
Move the spool directory in another drive.
I've had the same issue when I fist installed a Wax Colour printer. I solved the issue moving the spooling to another drive.

Hope this help,

Robert

How do you go about moving the spooler drive?
Eddie Martin
Network Support Technician

Email: Eddie@digitechcomputer.com

**Don't forget to mark post helpful if it helps to answer your question. It may come in handy for others as well**

MetsFan,

On the server, go to start, setting, printers.
From the file menu, select server properties.
Choose the advanced tab, and you can specify where you want the spooled documents.

restart the windows print spooler after the change to update it.

Hope this helps. Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back