Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print spooler needs restarting every few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondy

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
GB
Hi

We have been printing fine from our HP4050 printers, we recently replaced them with some new Canon LBP6300DN printers. The problem we're having is that every now and then the print queue jams up and I have to restart the Print Spooler service to kick them into life.

Any ideas what might be causing these queue jams?

Regards

H

You may have answered your own question by saying you have replaced your HPs which were working fine with new Canon drivers. Have you tried looking for updated drivers?

Yeh, I checked the drivers out and there is only version (v1.00) available - :S

We had that problem with one of two Xerox multi-function printers a couple of years ago. It turned out that a tax program that we were using was trying to print using a font that the newer model of the printer didn't support.

The first print job in the print queue when it jams will likely be the one that is causing the problem. See if you can find any pattern (always the same user or from the same program or the same type of document).

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

thanks for the tip cmeagan, I'll keep an eye out for a pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back