Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Spooler lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koolaid99

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
After I stop the print server in services and restart them. About 5-10 secs later every user locks up. It last for about 5-10 more secs then everything resumes as normal. I monitored processor usage and it is normal. Is there somewhere else I should monitor or check. I hope this isn't a begining of just another bigger issue. Running Windows 2000 server with Metaframe 1.8.

First, check your print drivers, you may have one that is corrupt. Check any IP printers, one may be unavailable, and hanging the system. Best solution, move the printers off of the Terminal Server to another Win 2000 box, NOT NT! Moving the printers is the best solution...

Is this something that has just happened....???

We have all our printers set-up on a seperate server from Citrix (its an NT server..!!!), we generally dont have issues re-starting the spooler...??? Why are you having to re-start the spooler...???

Only thing I can think of in addition to IHATECITRIX is the spooler location...??? Is there a space issue on your disks....???

Well all the IP printers work just fine. This just started happening. The only one that has changed/added is the Print server for the one of the copiers has been fixed. I'll try and see if there is any new drivers. They may have updated the software that runs it. I have to reset the print spoolers with jobs being stuck as deleting that never do. Thanks for your answers you right it may just be a IP Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back