Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print setup not keeping info in scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbyrd1969

Technical User
Aug 22, 2004
I have an HP printer that has several trays that it can print from. I have gone through my scripts and specified which tray to pull from, and it works for a while. Then all of the sudden, it will go back to "automatically select" and I have to go through everything again. Can anyone help me get the preferences to stay? Maybe I am missing something.

Whats up did you figure this out yet...if not. I'd suggest you configure your printer how you want it to be configured
ex.Default Source = Tray 1
Tray1 - Paper type= letter
Tray2 - Paper type= legal
configure this from the printer itself...

you shouldn't have to tell file maker what tray to pull from if the printer is configured correctly....just tell filemaker what size paper you're printing then the printer should take care of the rest.
Also in the PRINT SETUP script step you shouldn't need to change the properties of the printer there... if this is a PC - configure the properties of that printer from the Printers and faxes window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back