Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print server - print load balancing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudsey41

MIS
Jun 15, 2002
GB
I have a NT4 printserver. I have 2 Kycera 1010 network printers that i want to use in the same location and want to "load balance" between them due to the large volume of printing in that room.
I dont want the users to have to select which printer to use.

Peter Moulson
Pudsey Grangefield High School
Leeds, UK

Sorry - I just noticed the above article references NT 3.x. Try the steps below: -

How to Create a Printing Pool

NOTE: This procedure assumes that the printers that you want to pool are installed on the print server and are listed in the Printers folder. To add a new printer, click Add Printer in the Printers folder.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
Right-click a printer that you want to include in the printing pool, and then click Properties.

Click the Ports tab.

Select the Enable printer pooling check box.

In the list of ports, select the check boxes for the ports to which the printers that you want to pool are connected.

Repeat steps 2 through step 5 for each logical printer that you want to include in the printing pool.

Click OK.

thanks , worked a treat ....... solved my problem

Peter Moulson
Pudsey Grangefield High School
Leeds, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back