Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Server - No Authenication

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronBeau

MIS
Jan 29, 2008
US
I have a print server that shares about 30 printers; some of the printers reside in our corporate office, while others are at our remote locations. We have users that carry laptops around to the different remote locations and we would like to give them the ability to connect to the printers themselves. In addition, the laptops are not part of our domain.

I want the remote users to be able to connect to the print shares at the remote locations without authentication. I have given the "Everyone" Print permission to the print's security tab.

----------------------------
Beau71 - MCSA

If the printers are on AD and the laptops are not, you will need to authenticate to them. Have you considered just letting them print directly via IP instead of using the share

The problem with letting them print via IP is the fact that they can't set that up themselves. As easy as it seems, they just aren't capable.

I didn't put the printer shares in AD, I just shared them from the server.

Beau71 - MCSA

You'll have to do it. I suggest installing logmein.com remote control software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back