Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Server for HP Deskjet 895Cse

Status
Not open for further replies.

duane123

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
Does anyone know of a low cost (<$50) print server that WORKs for this printer, and can be plugged into my LAN (RJ45). Wireless is also an option since I have an access point in my router. I have tried Netgear Miniprint PS121 and that would not work (sometimes ok with text, other times not - word and excel also had problems). I am looking at Buffalo LPV3-U2 but cannot find a list of printers that have been tested. I have purchased a D-Link wireless print server DPR-1260 but this printer is not on the list - I have sent in a query to D-Link. I am open to suggestions.

You shouldn't really have a problem using any print server. You could try having a look at this one, Linksys WPS54G Print Server. I use this with an HP Deskjet 3845 & have had no problems. I have used many different print servers in my line of work & had no problems getting any to work with any printer (as yet)

In case anyone is interested the HP Deskjet 895Cse will NOT work with either the D-Link DPR-1260, OR the NETGEAR miniprint PS121. I finally opened the DPR-1260 thinking it would work, but no. Will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back