Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRINT SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2006
CA
Hey guys I was wondering if you can help me.

For some reason when I use print screen then open a new window in photoshop then paste.. it comes up black... when I move the window the video basically stays in place and then when i save it as jpg and then open the jpg it is just all black.. anyone seen this before? my other computer works fine but i can't get print screen to work... does anyone have a solution?

Thanx Jess

You are trying to 'print screen' with video? Why not go back to your video editing software that you used to produce the video and grab a still from there?

hi there, i didn't produce the video, yes trying to print screen from a paused video still. Any other ideas?

anyone seen this problem? i need a way to take screen shots from a video still... basically taking a vid cap... any other methods? I really need this

anyone seen this problem?

Yes, everyone sees the problem.

I am going to guess that you are using Windows Media Player to display the video. WMP uses a video overlay that cannot be copied to the pasteboard.

Contact the copyright holder of the video for a copy of the frame. You can of course use video editing software to extract a frame.

Are you running Mac or Windows? If you are using a Mac, There is a way to do this if you are familiar with the terminal and a few Unix commands.

Can you play the video in any other application?

If you are using windows Xp use the Vidio Editing Tool built in to the software.

Drag the vidio into the program, and there is an option to freeze frame it. save as PNG (24)

Brent Serio
Just Born Designs
Email: brentaserio@cox.net
Aim: CsCheerios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back