Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRINT QUEUES IN FOXPRO DOS 2.6 AND NOVELL 4.11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GONDI

Programmer
Nov 29, 2002
PE
I SPEAK SPANISH, SORRY WITH MY ENGLISH
1.--------------------------------------------------------
NETWORK : NOVELL 4.11, PCS ATACHED PENTIUM III 1.2 GHZ 132 MB RAM WITH DOS 6.22 BOOT DIRECTLY WITH A NETCARD TO SERVER, EACH PC HAVE TWO PRINTER TM210A EPSON CONECTED DIRECTLY BUT ATACHED TO PRINT QUEUES IN SERVER O.K.?
2.----------------------------------------------------------
MY APLICATION IS DEVELOPED IN FOXPRO DOS 2.6
------------------------------------------------------------
MY PROBLEM IS :
I KNOW IN NOVELL 4.11 I HAVE TO USE THE COMMAND CAPTURE TO ATACHED PRINT QUEUE TO ANY PRINTER INSTALLED.

I HAD USED :
CAPTURE Q=QUEUE /NB /NFF L=1 OR L=2 OR L=3

BUT I HAVE NOT GOODS RESULTS BECAUSE WHEN I RUN MY APLICATION .EXE, SENDING PRINT JOBS WITH A PROCEDURE IN FOXPRO (PRG):
SET PRINTER TO LPT1 OR LPT2
SET PRINTER TO \Q=QUEUE \N \F
SET DEVICE TO PRINT
@ ROW,COL SAY "HOLA"
SET PRINTER TO
THE SYNTAXIS IS OK? HOW IS? ANY OBS?, BECAUSE I SEND A PRINT JOB BUT SOMETIMES, IS NOT SENDED OR STAY IN ADDING IN THE PCONSOLE SCREEN. ANY PROBLEM WITH SYNTAXIS OR PARAMETERS IN COMMAND CAPTURE (NOVELL) ? MAYBE MEMORY WHY??

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
A FRIEND FROM PERU

gdchonsen@hotmail.com

HI Gondi,
Hope you got my email reply on the above. I have nothing more to provide as of now :)
ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Hi Gondi

I still use FPD 2.6 Applications with all versions of Novell and all OS from DOS through WIN XP. Although I have to do some tweaking here and there I have had no trouble with printing to captured LTP port. I think the problem is with your syntax, at least with what you supplied in your request. If you are capturing the LPT port as you show in your example it should work fine. The problem as I see it is your code in your application. I have marked what appears to me as the offending line of code. All that needs to be done once the the novell capture command is issued is to re-direct your printing to the captured port, which is what your first line in your app does. It should work fine then

SET PRINTER TO LPT1 OR LPT2
SET PRINTER TO \Q=QUEUE \N \F (**remove this line**)
SET DEVICE TO PRINT
@ ROW,COL SAY "HOLA"
SET PRINTER TO

Let me know if this is what you were looking for

Rudy

RUDY, THANKS SO MUCH YOUR OBS IS O.K.
IF YOU ONLY SEND PRINT JOBS TO LPT PORTS IS WITH CAPTURE COMMAND BUT IF YOU NEED SEN PRINT JOBS WITH LPT AND/OR SERIAL PORTS IS WITH NPRINTER COMMAND (NOVELL) MY PRGS AND APPS IN FOXPRO ARE RUNNIG GOOD ITS O.K.

BUT DO YOU KNOW WHY "SET PRINTER TO \Q=QUEUE \N..." IN FOXPRO DISCONET THE CAPTURE COMMAND?, THIS ONLY SEND O.K. THE FIRST PRINT JOB, IF YOU SEND ANOTHER, THIS PRINTING WITH BANNER OR DISCONECT THE CAPTURE TO PORT.

THANKS, BEST REGARDS

GONDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back