Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print queue on Win2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodger6

MIS
Aug 13, 2002
US
I have a Win2k Server which is spooling print jobs to a Ricoh 850 highspeed printer. Everything works fine when jobs are submitted from the Win2k Pro workstations but my single test station running XP sends jobs to the Queue but they hold in there for approximately 5 minutes before printing.

These are ASCII text files copied directly to the UNC of the server share \\servername\ricoh850

Essentialy once the job has been spell checked the data is dumped into an ASCII file (plain text not even RTF) and then copied to the queue.

Example: copy jobnumber \\servername\ricoh850

Anyone have any ideas why a command line copy of a text file to a UNC spools for 5 minutes before printing only when it comes from an XP machine to the Win2k Server?

BTW the entire network is TCP/IP 100M connections. The printer has a NIC and an ip of 192.168.1.15 which can be pinged continuously with times >14ms so I don't think it's an issue of network connectivity.

Any help would be appreciated I'm fresh out of ideas for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back