Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Problem with Memo Field in Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaLou

Technical User
Feb 3, 2001
US
Hello All,

I have a data entry form that contains memo fields which have the "Can Grow" property set to yes. After data entry is completed the form is printed for each record. Normally the form prints correctly on 1 page per record. When the memo fields contain an unusually large amount of data however the form will stop printing on the first page after the first memo field and even though there are several regular text fields before the second memo field, these items all print on the second page along with the second memo field. So I end up with a 2 page report that is only half full on the first page. I assume Access cannot split a text or memo field between pages but why does it move everything below the first memo field to the second page when there is still room on the first page? I dont mind a report being 2 pages long but I would like the data to flow normally down the page. I suspect I need to change a property setting somewhere but not sure where to look. Any help appreciated. :)

P.S. I am printing the record from the form instead of a report in order to print only the current record. My form is filtered to the current record open for data entry, so I have a command button on the form to print the single record when completed.

Read these to get some ideas for troubleshooting:

thread703-593762

thread181-550504

from thread703-104369

The secret is to place the field directly in the report, not from a query. The SQL processes the memo field as a text field, truncating it to 255 characters.

If you just plonk the memo field as an object on the report, it does not truncate

"In America, anyone can become president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back