Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Preview ToolBar

Status
Not open for further replies.

xk120

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
This is a two part question concerning Print Preview Toolbars:
1) I'm using a short cut menu to run a report with preview at the end. This launches
a preivew window containing the print preview toolbar for you the view, navagate,
print or close the report. If you click on the [X] in the upper right hand corner the
toolbar will close but not the report preivew window can't be closed by the user.
How can I either remove the [X] as a choice or give the uswer a way to close the report view window after they have closed the toolbar by mistake?
2)If the user scrolls thru the report and finds that he/she wants to print only page
25, how can he select just page 25? I know it can be select from the print dialog
box by using TO PRINTER PROMPT. Can I default the page number so the user
won't have to select it?

1) The user should be able to close the preview window by pressing <ESC> or by clicking the [X] in the upper right hand corner of the preview window.

It might be helpful if you post your REPORT FORM... code.

2) REPORT FORM RANGE X,Y

if I understand you correctly. Jon Hawkins
jonscott8@yahoo.com

The World Is Headed For Mutiny,
When All We Want Is Unity. - Creed

Jon

Thanks, the problem is the [X] button on the preview panel is not enabled so the user
can't click on it. How can I enable tghe [X] button on the preview panel?

I understand the RANGE X,Y format, but can I load two vaiables x,y with value from the
print preview toolbar(goto page button)?

Bob

Hi Bob,

1) Post your REPORT FORM....code. If you are using the WINDOW clause, the preview inherits attributes from that window, including CLOSABLE.

2) The _PAGENO system variable contains the page number the user is currently viewing, if that tidbit helps.

Another suggestion: REPORT FORM MyReport NOCONSOLE TO PRINTER PROMPT PREVIEW

This will prompt the user to select the printer when they click the print button on the preview toolbar. The only down side is, IMO, once the user clicks the print button on the preview toolbar, the report closes regardless if the user clicks OK or Cancel on the Print Setup form.

Jon Hawkins
jonscott8@yahoo.com

The World Is Headed For Mutiny,
When All We Want Is Unity. - Creed

Here is the Code:
Report Form I:\programs\issbu\reports\project_billing_issbu to printer prompt preview

I'll check the closable properity of the form calling the report.

I'll also try and use the _pageno system variable.

Thanks

Bob Fisk
xk120se@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back