Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print on existing PDF document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trScott

Technical User
Dec 13, 2004
US
I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction regarding the printing of PDF documents through Access. Web site, examples, etc...

I'm not trying to generate a PDF file from my Access report, but rather using Access as an intermediary to populate the form values (?) in an existing PDF file and then print the file.

I have an extremely large number of government forms that are updated each year. I can mimic the report in Access, but would rather use the editable PDFs the government posts. I am also being forced to use their PDFs as many are now incorporating optical scanning and everything must be aligned correctly.

Thanks for any help!

This is the only thing i can think of, because there is no PDF editor activex control for Access that i know of:
A lot of sendkeys.

People do it, you can populate the whole form, it just takes work.

Mark P.
Providing Low Cost Powerful Point of Sale Solutions.

You might want to search "planetpdf". I did a quick search and found something that might help
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Also, you could insert the ActiveX control Microsoft Web Browser on your form. Then, via the OnOpen event of the form (or whatever) enter the following code (assume that the name you give the ActiveX control is "axMyWebBrowser")

axMyWebBrowser.Navigate "\\path\YourPdfFile.Pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back