Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print next report

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevens

MIS
May 12, 2000
US
How can you program visual foxpro to have a report that is finished printing call another report to beging to print

Most networks (and or) computers with Win9x/NT have Print Spoolers installed, therefore it is not necessary to wait to print a report until another is finished. It might be your print spooler is turned off on your network/computer, check that first.&nbsp;&nbsp;If that is not the case, then, I Need To Borrow A Line From The Movie &quot;Short Circuit&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;Need More Input&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;What are you trying to do?<br> <p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

There are many customers that will have information printed on 3 reports.&nbsp;&nbsp;Currently the program prints all the report #1's, then all the report #2's, and then all report #3's.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I want it to print by each customer so that it would print report #1 then report #2 then report #3 and then switch to the next customer and repeat (print #1, print #2, print#3; next cust print #1, print #2 , print #3; next cust, etc.)

OK, Now your question makes sense to me Try:<br>use customer<br>query for (whatever customers need reports) to printcontrol.dbf&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>open all databases needed<br>use printcontrol.dbf<br>scan all<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;lcCustId = printcontrol.custid<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;select maindbf for report1<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;report form1 for maindbf.custid == lcCustId to print<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;select maindbf for report2<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;report form2 for maindbf.custid == lcCustId to print<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;select maindbf for report3<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;report form3 for maindbf.custid == lcCustId to print<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;select printcontrol<br>endscan<br><br>If speed is a issue<br>inside the scan add<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;lcCustId = printcontrol.custid<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;select main database for report1 with index on CustID<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;if seek(lcCustId)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;set order needed for report&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;report form1 for custid == lcCustId while CustId == lcCustId to print<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;endif<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;ect <p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Guess That Is What I Get For Being In A Hurry.<br>in the speed up part, if you change the order off the CustID<br>the &quot;While CustId == lcCustId&quot; will not work<br> <p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back