Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Multiple Documents In Specific Order Word 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbiezzzzz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2007
US
Hello,

We have a number of Word documents (word 2007) that we would like to print batched, but in a specific order. (not the order they are listed in the directory.) Does Office 2007 have a way of batch printing word documents? (Again, we need them in a specific order. Selecting them from Explorer, right clicking and printing will not give us the correct order.)

Thanks!

Hi,
I don't know about batch printing in Word, but what I've done in the past is to add a single digit at the beginning of the document name in the order I want them to print, i.e., 1Letter, 2Report, etc. This rearranges the docs in the Explorer window so printing can be done in the desired order.

May be a simpler way out there but this is how I've gotten around it.

HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

I don't think that's something you can do natively in Word short of writing a macro. Might be easier to script it using VBScript.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

I was thinking of writing a macro, but was hoping there was a native batch scheduler. Thank you both for your suggestions.

Here is something that will make your head swim.

Actually, if you understand command line prompts, then it's fairly easy. I didn't look at it in detail since I don't really have a need for it.

In the past I have had moderate success with printing to file and then just sending PRN files to the printer. But, then printers have to match along with drivers. That was manual batching as well.

A man has only two choices: He can be right or he can be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back