Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Microsoft Access report to dot matrix printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewildpup

Technical User
Jan 26, 2007
BB
Hi Does anyone know of any specifications which would allow Microsoft Access to print a report to a generic text printer. Now I tried the output to text method such as notepad and RTF from within Microsoft Access and then print that file to the generic text printer but the font are all screwed up and number after the decimal point will not print.

I have worked with programmes in the past that had specification files which controls the way text was formated and aligned for a generic text printer but I never had to actually do one.

I want to print an employee payslip using a paper size 4" in height x 8" in width using visual basic code.

regards
LeVere

Why not simply print your well formatted report directly to the printer with the correct driver ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Yes. Just go to the printer manufacturers website download latest driver for printer/ operating system and print it! If they are dead, I guess there probably is a generic driver already installed on your os if not try ones for Epson FX80, IBM Proprinter et al. I've just checked an XP system here and its got 'Generic IBM Graphics 9pin' listed and several others, have you been to 'Add a Printer'?

You asked the same question recently?

Hi Guys,

After some research i finally solved the problem I used the okidata printer but I used an Epson AP 2250 print driver and the rest is history.

My head is hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks every-one.

Regards

LeVere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back