Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucewh

Technical User
Jan 21, 2003
US
When I select the Print Layout command from the File menu, I get an error dialog saying, "[tt]There is no default printer installed.[/tt]"[pc] I do, however, have a printer installed, and it is the default printer. I can even print images in PSP8. I just can't do Print Layout, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Answers, suggestions, or anything else (apart from abusive commentary) appreciated.

[navy]Paint Shop Pro 8.0 running on Windows XP Pro/SP1; Epson Stylus C82 printer.[/navy]

/Bruce/ [aka Slasher]

[Message created using ScanSoft Dragon NaturallySpeaking® Professional 7.0 and/or ParaGraph PenOffice™ 2.5 CalliGrapher® handwriting recognition software. Please excuse any unintentional errors. I never make errors, so any you find are obviously the fault of Dragon or CalliGrapher®. But not me. Really. Trust me…I wouldn't

I'm not sure why you are getting that error. Just thinking outloud..is your printer a network printer? That wouldn't explian why you are able to print but can't open print layout. I know there were some issues with printing in windows ME and Windows 9x (which were solved in 8.10), but you are using XP. Did you upgrade to XP from another OS?Have you tried the upgrade patch to 8.10?

There is always Jasc tech support.

mike

Well, you had the right answer! [thumbsup2] Applying the 8.10 patch fixed the problem right up. Finite expressions of gratitude.

/Bruce/ [aka Slasher]

[Message created using ScanSoft Dragon NaturallySpeaking® Professional 7.0 and/or ParaGraph PenOffice™ 2.5 CalliGrapher® handwriting recognition software. Please excuse any unintentional errors. I never make errors, so any you find are obviously the fault of Dragon or CalliGrapher®. But not me. Really. Trust me…I wouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back