Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print jobs take long time to spool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCGI

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
We run Windows 2000 Server and Citrix Metaframe XP. I have a client who is having issues with her printer being slow. The jobs will print but they sit in the printer queue for two minutes spooling. If I login as someone else at her workstation I don't encounter this problem. If I print something from my computer to her printer I don't encounter the problem that way either. I have tried reinstalling the printer driver, changed the printer properties to print directly to printer, changed it from automatic to plain paper.... nothing has worked. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Try switching off advanced printing thingies. That sometimes does the trick.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Make sure she does not have the option "print as an image" selected when she goes to print. I had this issue and that ended up being the cause because when that option was selected the spool file would be huge. Also make sure you are using the correct PCL driver. If I am not mistaken there was a issue with some HP print drivers causing this problem.

Well now I've found that if I login as her from another workstation and print to her printer I still get the 2 minute delay. But if I login as anyone else at another workstation and print to her printer there is no delay. There has got to be some setting in her profile that was changed or needs to be changed that is causing this delay. Could it be something within Active Directory?

Scott

I have same Citrix XPs / Win2K system and have experienced this same problem before. Solution is to to server and the user profiles folder typically located at C:\Documents and Settings. Rename or delete the profile folder of said user account. Go back and log user in again and this usually corrects any previous problems with that account because it recreates it fresh.

Do you mean the TS profiles??? I was thinking about that. So if I rename her TS profile and have her log out and back in it should create a brand new profile, correct?

Well I renamed her profile folder under TS profiles and a new one was created when she logged back in but she is still having the same issue. The print job takes about 2 minutes to spool... I am at a loss right now!!!!!!!

We're using version 8.1 of the citrix metaframe client.

Might be worth trying an v7 or 6 client at least to try ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back