Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Jobs Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImASig

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
My office is having issues with it's network printing. We are running NT Server 4.0 which spools jobs to a HP JetDirect EX Plus print server. Small print jobs have no issue. Larger print jobs will begin to print normally but will restart at random points into the job. There are two printers that have this problem. A OKI Microline 321 Turbo and an HP LaserJet 4100. The OKI seems to have the problem more often.

This problem is new as everything worked fine for a couple of years. I might or might not have rectified the problem by rebooting the server and resetting the print servers. We tested a few print jobs and it seemed to go but we haven't tried a very large print job on the OKI because of the time and amount of paper it takes to test it.

Anyways, if anyone has experienced this and has a quick solution let me know. Like I said I might have fixed it by resetting everything but I just have a feeling it's not that simple.

This has been happening in our office on nt4 servers and HP printservers for years. Usually on large jobs. We've always figured it was an NT fluke, and have never been able to track it down. Although, ours usually finsh the whole job and then re-start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back