Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print jobs do not delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
US
I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. But after the print jobs in the queue have been printed, it doesn't delete itself. Here's the senario.. I'm running Citrix XP on a windows 2000 ad. server. When a user logs in, it maps his printer, he prints, print job says printed in queue, but doesn't delete. he logs off, printer doesn't delete itself because stuff still in queue. User logs back in later, and whatever is in the queue (status is "printed" already) and everything starts printing again. It's very weird. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.. I'm sure it's just a server issue and has nothing to do with citrix..

Thanks.

There is an option for the printer under the ADVANCED tab called "Keep printed documents" perhaps this is checked?

yup.. checked that already.. it's not checked off...

Check the security permissions of the printer. Creator Owner should have the right to manage documents.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

I'm having the exact same problem. Niether fix here helped. Any other ideas?

We are having the same problem.
It occurs just on 1 pc in the domain. All others are fine.
There's just windows 2000 server and 2000 pro clients, no citrix involved.

Is there a tool to remove all queued print jobs ?

Found another thread on this. They suggested uninstall/reinstall of the printer. Of course, I first tried changing the driver, then reinstalled original driver,etc before trying this simple fix...And of course, it appears just deleteing the printer, then doing a reinstall fixed the problem.

Well, i've already tried the reinstallation of the printer driver (hp lj1200 rev.6 ) and even w2k sp3. it's still the same ...

any other ideas ? tnx

Well, the reinstall worked for 1 day, then failed the same way again, so am still having the problem.

If I find any answers will let share with the group.

Well I'm glad to see I'm in good company. Our server has about 8 print queues...three of them do this, the rest are fine. I'll try the reinstall suggestion.

Thanks

Here's some info from microsoft, but no fix...

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 134854

Make sure the winnt/system32/spool folder has the everyone group with full control .... Have to tried using " screwdrivers " ?

If the printers don't go away after printing , its no big deal. As long as the print que empties...

I know this is an old thread, but I just discovered a solution to our problem with two out of seven queues that did not automatically delete printed jobs from the queue. I noticed that on those two particular queues bidirectional printing was enabled but on the others it was not. I unchecked Bi-directional printing on both queues and voila! It started deleting the printed jobs again!

Hope that applies to you as well... I know what a pain it is to have to manually delete those jobs every day or sometimes several times a day. A few times it has happened where I forgot to delete the jobs and there may have been a several hundred printer jobs in the queue and then the server hiccups and the spooler service restarts... guess what... all the documents reprinted themselves! Argg... so glad to have that fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back