Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print job prints but stays in print queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

malaize2

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
US
Hello,

I am having a printer oddity here that I can't seem to figure out. First off here is my situation with this printer.

On our network we are running a Win2kserver and there is an Lantronix EPS4-100 print server installed in our warehouse. I have an HP 1320 PCL 6 laser connected to the print server. When I first set it up I had to install the 1320 printer as a local printer to Win2kserver and then shared it so all users could add it to their printer list if neccessary. I have a new Win2003 server that is part of the Win2kserver domain. I want to have all of the printers that are attached to the print server installed locally to the new Win2003 server as well, in case the Win2kserver is eventually powered down once I designate the Win2003server as the primary domain controller. On the Win2003 server I have installed the 1320 printer as a local printer with the correct ip of the print server and port number. When I print a test page to it the page prints, but the print job stays in the print queue with a status of 'Sent to Printer'. I printed two documents yesterday afternoon and checked the print queue today. Both documents were still in the print queue with the 'Sent to Printer' status. Does anyone know of a reason why these print jobs aren't being deleted from the print queueu?

Thanks a lot,

malaize2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back