Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print job cancels when out of paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenyG

Programmer
Jul 8, 2003
GB
Dear all,

I have an issue with an HP 4050 printer where if it runs out of paper the jobs gets cancelled rather than pause and wait for new paper to be put into a tray.

The issue occurs when printed to via a server or directly and when the paper runs out in either tray.

I have tried searching around on HP etc. but nothing seems to point to a solution - perhaps I am typing the wrong keywords.

The printer is also used to print documents from a Unix system and has some specific settings is place therefore at this pont I am hesitent to reset it to factory settings and start over again. I'm also hesitent to change some of the settings at random to see if it fixes it because of this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Benjamin

On Unix and AIX systems, some programs only run the print job once. If an error occurs, it will not pick up where it left off. You must re-run the job.Perhaps adding an extra tray will help with large jobs.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

The issue occurs when printing from Windows, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Benjamin

If you use WebJet Admin, you can set the time out for the NIC. If this is not the case, try updating the firmware on the printer, and the NIC. Again, use WebJet Admin for this task.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back