Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Issue from INDESIGN CS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

karry4m

MIS
Jul 30, 2012
US
thread818-439018
I created a brochure in INDESIGN CS3 I set up my page size and then chose 3 columns to set the page breaks. First of all is that the correct way to do it? It set the boxes I filled within the guidelines and when I went to print it at a print shop it came out not centered at all. I assumed since I fit everything within the guidelines there would not be an issue. Also text that I had typed up in excel was all blurry but clear on my screen.
Then I transported it into a pdf file and it was still not centered. I have been to 3 print shops now and they have not been able to figure my problem and I am on a deadline and frankly if this is an ongoing not easy to fix issue I would rather use something other than INDESIGN. Granted I do not have a lot of knowledge so maybe it is just ignorance on my behalf : ) since you all seem to like it so much.
Would something like this be easier to create in Photoshop? But I need to be using the grids for best results obviously.
Also in my brochure i have the little red txt box that I can't seems to get rid of, I try pasting it and deleting it that way but the red box comes back?
Thank you for your help!

As you have not been able to locate a good prepress person at one of those print shops, you could try sharing that INDD file online so that others in this forum can review it.

: / I am unsure of how to post the brochure for you to view! I have a INDESIGN file nit URL??

Sorry this is all new to me!

At the bottom of the post box is a link to mediafire, a free online file host. Post there, then share the link here.

If the document contains private info, replace that text with dummy text in a copy of the original file.

Brochures need to be set up with what will be the front and back panels the same size and the one that folds inside slightly smaller, i.e.: 3.7-3.7 - 3.6 . . . be aware that the panels will flip from the outside to the inside

The person who says it cannot be done
should not interrupt the person doing it. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back