Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print from photoshop to epson photostylus 960 - problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktpmm

Programmer
Jun 30, 2001
US
Trying to print some 5x7 pics from photoshop cs to epson photostylus 960. Using latest drivers. I am choosing 5x7, borderless.
No Scale to Fit Media chosen.
No Center Image chosen.

The Print Preview always cuts off a portion of the side.

The end result is always the same - no 5x7 printout. It cuts off either the bottom or one of the sides.

I've also tried 5x7 paper (not borderless), and Scale to Fit Media, and Center Image - in short, I feel like I've chosen every option under the sun and I cannot get it to print 5x7, which Epson claims it will. Can anyone help?

I have a model 820 so this may not apply.

On the printer properties > General Tab > print preferences > Paper > I have a check box for no margins.

also on the advanved tab there is another checkbox to enable advanced features.

It's something to try.

I also had the same problem and my way around it was to use HP Album printing software. If you can get ahold of an HP printer disk, just install the "hp photo and imaging - deskjet series" from the disk and use the Album printing software. It allows yo to do 5x7 prints on the Epson printers. I am using an Epson Stylus 820 but that shouldn't really matter.

Once installed, you can choose "Albums", "Prints", "Design to page" settings should be set to "Letter" and choose 5x7in print size. Let me know if this helps you out and share with others if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back