Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print from NT to Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrewe

MIS
Dec 1, 1999
US
Several customers with Win2k computer are asking if we can print directly to their
printers. We already deliver the information by Fax, Overnight Mail, Email, FTP and by a Secure Internet Server Web Page unique for each customer. Plus the customers can have any combination of the delivery methods mentioned. However, They what this direct printing as another delivery method.

From what info I have, I will have to :
1. Be a user on their system,
2. Add that computer to a VPN
3. Have a printer icon on every computer that needs to print to them.
4. This will have to be repeated for each customer.

So if I have 50 customer that what this I'll need to maintain computers with 50 printer icons. We then have to discuss Sale not telling MIS when a customer leaves the service, so the icon for that customer can be removed, The customer changing computers on their network and customers changing printers. Nightmare dreams of Hewlett Packard printers swapped out with Epson.

I was hoping this is not the case, anyone know another way around it?

I would suggest that you print to a LPR print queue on the remote machine. You will have to establish an IP connection to the box that maintains the print queue but then you should not have a problem print to their printer via a LPR/LPD port. [sig][/sig]

Thanks SRG [sig]<p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back