Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print from dbase iv in dosbox meg 6 on windows 7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2CS

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2016
GB
I am looking for code for a print batch file to write to a network printer. It will write to a printfile, using printfil 5.2, but only when I exit the dbase programme each time.

I am using "Print to file method"

The problem isn't getting it to print, I have to exit DBASE IV before it will write the file for printfil to pick up. I am missing a bit of code that closes the file once the data has been output to file. If I try to delete the file while DBASE is still running it says can't delete file still open in DOSBOX proving that the file has not yet been closed.

Sorry, I was hoping that using the windows print dialogue would make the difference.

I have the same problem with dBase III+ and some Clipper apps, we have to close the cmd or dosbox window to print and also to flush data to disk. Fortunately we have Codlfusion and were able to move all printing processes to the browser, but our 64 bit clients still have to exit to flush their data activity.

Is the print job in the client's print queue? If so, try stopping and starting it.
Code:
run net stop spooler
run net start spooler

Also, check out this thread

Good luck.

Lyndon

No it isn't in the print queue. The file that DBASE outputs to is 0kb until I close DBASE then it changes to 3KB and Printfil grabs it and prints it. I just can't find the command that closes the text file without closing DBASE each time I need to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back