Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print from asp.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvannoy

MIS
May 4, 2001
US
I have a issue while printing with an asp.net application I'm developing. I'm trying to print a 4x4 barcode label using an aspx form. the problem I'm having is, IE will not save the printer setting of my barcode printer without it being set to the default printer. is there a way I can create a vb application and make it a user control and launch that from the browser ? I'm thinking that will let me control the printer settings better. Any help or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

As far as I know, you can run an exe, however, it will run on the server, not on the client. So, while you will see the app on your local dev machine, you will not see it once it is deployed.

okay.... would you happen to have any other suggestions ? I'm trying to print to a datamax label printer. I have setup custom sizes within the printer/page setup for the datamax. the funny part is chrome will read those settings correctly when changing the printer to the datamax. IE will not, it still tries to take the default printer settings.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I never had to do what you are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back