Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print form without BMP conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadewilson1

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
US
Is there a way to print a form in VB.Net without converting it to a bitmap? The code that prints as a bitmap, works, but the printed document is blurry and not very professional looking. I need to be able to print a form that will be handed in to the human resources department.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

If it's only a one time thing....how about a screen shot while the app is running?

Scott
Programmer Analyst
<{{><

The printscreen/screen shot option still converts the form into a bitmap to print.

Consider using Snagit - it can capture and save almost anything to many different format types and the current version can even be automated - it's got a COM server component (
Rick

I guess the best solution is a reportensign and create a report something like Crystal reports will do. so no pain, no gain.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

Maybe the doc is blurry because it is rendering a low-quality graphics object. Try adjusting this.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I ended up using Crystal for this piece, but I think I'll try adjusting the image quality for some of the more intensive reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back