Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print error in access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncvandy

MIS
Jul 10, 2001
US
I have two users that can not print their reports out of access. This is happening on numerous databases and reports for these two users. (these two were the main users of these databases) This occurred after we built a new print server and the old print server is no longer available. When they open the database and try to print a report, the error that comes up is "There was a problem retrieving printer information for that object. The object may have been sent to a printer that is unavailable."
Most of the other reports I have seen of this issue seem to be related to going in and changing the printer under page properties after re-installing the old printer. In this case we can not get to that step due to the print server swap out. Resetting up the old print server is not an option. I had my user log into my machine and call up the database / reports. The database and reports can be opened on my machine under either of our logons with no problems. The reports will not open on her desktop no matter no logs on. I know that Access embeds the printer name into the report when it is designed but where is that setting stored on the local machine. If they can be opened by other users (or same user) on a different desktop, that tells me that it is a machine specific setting / issue.
Other particulars
Access 2000 with all updates applied
O/S Windows XP
Database resides on a network share not the local machine

If the fix is posted elsewhere in the forum and I overlooked it, I apologize in advance but this one is really hurting my head.

Jim

Elegant solutions are nice, but right now I'll settle for whatever works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back