Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Engine API -> RDC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeJ

Programmer
Sep 22, 2000
CA
I'm evaluating whether to switch from using Print Engine API calls in my VC++ app to using the RDC (version 8 of Crystal Reports). I've heard that Crystal is no longer going to make improvements to the Print Engine, the RDC is going to be their main integration method from now on.

I've found a couple of things that I was able to with the Print Engine API method that I haven't found a way to do with the RDC.

(1) Print an on-demand subreport. I was able to do this using the PEPrintWindow Print Engine function. Is it possible to retrieve the current 'view' in the CRViewer, open the subreport as a report object with the on-demand linked parameter values and print the subreport?

(2) Enable & disable document tool tips in the CRViewer. I was able to do this with the PEWindowOptions Print Engine structure (the showDocumentTips member).

Has anyone found a way to do these things with the RDC? Or know if they are going to be offered very shortly with the RDC in an upcoming release of Crystal Reports?

Thanks,
Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back