Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Document from Form details

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedo8816

Programmer
Oct 25, 2006
GB
Hi,

Im still very much a Novice at VB.net and wasn't much better at vb6 either but i found it easier to use...

Anyway, this isn't a problem but i feel it would work much nicer than printing a form. I have a form, within this form are about 10 text boxes for various pc's of information. When a user inputs text into these text boxs they automatically update a preview form which sits on the desktop in plain view, the user clicks print and walla it prints the form. My question here is can i set up a printdocument to do the same thing? is the document visible for me to edit the layout of the information and if so how do i access this?

I should also mention that the printed form is the exact size of a 4" x 4" label and the information is displayed as:
----------------------------------------------
Company Name Company Address |
Date + Time |
|
Part Number(label) Part Number(users entry) |
Qty(Label) Qty (users entry) |
----------------------------------------------
etc...

Any answers are all appreciated and my thanks in advance

D

Status
Not open for further replies.