Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Document Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECHMAN007

Technical User
Nov 30, 2000
US
Here is a brain teaser for all you Jscript gurus out there.

I would like to create a Link (Form object or otherwise) that when clicked would print a document from a location (straight from the file not by opening the document in a page and then printing it).

I.e.

Click Me to Print BLah! Where Blah would be the Variable file name. This would reference the document and bring up the browsers print menu.

Is this even possible?

Hi TECHMAN007
I was wondering if you found a solution to your problem. i have a similar issue and am looking for a solution. can you please let me know if you have found a resolution to your problem? thanks and appreciate it

thanks

Nope. Problem is still unresolved. Sorry... I'm still looking for a solution.

You could open the page in a hidden div, use the @media to only print the hidden div. You could also open the document in a popup, size the popup to 1x1 ,print it, then close it. There is not way to print a remote location in javascript. -gerrygerry
Go To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back