Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Defects on lj 4500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbarz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2004
US
I acquired this printer because it wold not correctly detect the paper size in tray 3, but the image quality was great. I fixed this by taping down one of the switches on the paper size detect pcb. But after I put it back together there is a major problem with the image creation. When I print a configuration page the entire background is yellow and the second page is completely black. There appears to be a timing issue as well because the different toner colors aren't getting laid down in the same spot. There's about a 1/4" between each color. According to the service manual the black page could be caused by a bad image drum or high voltage power supply. The latter is very possible because I had to take this out to get to the switch, but I don't think this would account for the timing issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I would retrace the steps you took to "fix" the switch problem.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back