Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Content of General Field in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnbabu

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
IN
Hello Everyone

I want a print a picture(JPG format)in a report. In the table I store the picture in a general field.

In Report Designer I insert a OLE Control and select field but in the report preview I able to see only the JPG File Icon and not picture.

Thanks in advance for all of you.

Regards

Babu

I believe that the OLE Control only works for bitmap or icon files, not jpg.

Slighthaze = NULL

[ul][li]FAQ184-2483
An excellent guide to getting a fast and accurate response to your questions in this forum.[/li][/ul]

Slighthaze,

I believe that the OLE Control only works for bitmap or icon files, not jpg.

Well, having already been obliged to wear the dunce's hat today in a graphics-related thread, I hesitate to say this, but ...

You can indeed have a JPG in an OLE / Picture control (at least, in VFP 6.0 and later).

Babu, drop the control onto the report, go to its properties, set the Picture From File setting to the path and filename.

I just did it, and it worked.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Mike,

I stand humbly corrected. :)

Slighthaze = NULL

[ul][li]FAQ184-2483
An excellent guide to getting a fast and accurate response to your questions in this forum.[/li][/ul]

Mike,

I AM THE GREATEST!!! :)

Slighthaze = NULL

[ul][li]FAQ184-2483

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back