Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print calendar report without colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara05

Programmer
Apr 13, 2007
US
Hello,

I have created a calendar and added colors to the report so that it looks nice. Is it possible when users or I will be printing the report it will automatically print white/black regular instead of printing in color.
Because right now it is printing in gray since we dont have color printer.
I want users to be able to view the colors on screen but if they print then not? is it possible?

Well, it's not impossible, just not as straightforward as it might be. You could create a parameter {?PrintOption}with two options: "Print" or "View Only". Then set up conditional formulas for the colors in the x+2 formula areas, like:

if {?PrintOption} = "View Only" then crYellow else
defaultattribute

-LB

If you chose to use LB's solutions the user would not be viewing the report in colour and printing in B&W unless the user runs the report twice - using a parameter which is far from automatic - and does not allow the user to interact with the report the way the OP has asked it to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back