Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Blank Lines with Word 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxPacific

Programmer
Jun 22, 2001
US
How do I print blank lines with Word 2003? The option box I'm used to is not there anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aloha,

James

Hey Blue,

I found out how to do it. I actually replied to another post with the answer but forgot to close out my own.

In Word 2003 (and 2002 I believe) the MailMerge Helper is no longer available by default. It has been replaced with the Mail Merge Wizard. The MailMerge Helper offers the option to suppress blank lines or to print blank lines, the MailMerge Wizard does not.

We design our letters to position the data exactly where we want it and don't want Word to move them around so we choose to "print blank lines". To get the MailMerge Helper back I needed to go into Tools->Customize then on the Commands tab choose "All Commands" under Categories and drag the MailMerge Helper from the Commands list and drop it onto a toolbar.

Thank you for your reply and intrest in helping me.

Aloha,

James

James
What do you mean by "print blank lines with Word 2003"? And what "option box" were you used to? What is it you're trying to accomplish? A better understanding of your goal could help us provide a solution.

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back