Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print blank detail lines on report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kara2003

MIS
Sep 23, 2009
PH
Access 2003: I need to generate Statement of Account on a half-sheet (2 statements should fit on a letter-size paper). I want the 2 statements equally laid out. Access2003 doesn't allow me to create a custom-size paper (the footer section should have solved my query). Number of detail lines vary. I estimate max of 20 lines will fit the half-sheet. How do I control the Detail Section to add more lines so they total 20 lines even if I only have 1 detail record to print?

This again, I suppose, could be done in VBA.

Another option might be to create a data access page instead of a report. Of course, it depends upon the overall intended goal, I suppose.

Or if you want to get a report-only option, not using code at all, then you might be best asking specifically in:
forum703

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

You could use a subreport for the detail lines. Set the subreport size to match your needs and don't allow it to SHRINK or GROW.

If you actually need visible lines on the report, you will need to add some code to draw the lines.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

thanks dhookom, simple but effective. your suggestion worked perfectly for me.

thanks also kjv1611, i've been trying VBA using movelayout, nextrecord, etc. but i can't get them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back