Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print attachment from associated application

Status
Not open for further replies.

annacady

MIS
Oct 22, 2001
US
I have a user who would like to make "Print attachment from associated application" as a default so it does not need to be clicked each time. I looked in Knowledgebase and saw you could do that in the 16 bit version. Can it be done in GW6?

GO to the Tools/Options/Environment menu and on the lower right hand side of the General Tab change the button under Attachments from View Attachment to Open Attachment. Then when the User clicks on an Attachment it will call the program that was used to create the Attachment and they can print from there.

HTH
Ken

Is there any way or add-on for the printing can start automatic. I have a fax2email service and the client need the faxes to print as they arrive.

Thanks for the reply. It is already set to open with the associated attachment, but what she wants to do is Right Click on the attachment on the bottom of the email and choose print from there but have it print from the associated application rather than the viewer. She would like to not have to open each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back