Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print a report using the current record being displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

belairbilly

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
US
I have a selection criteria forms that selects a group of records based on parameters and displays the records individually on a different form. The user would like me to add a Print button to print the form as it looks on the screen but in a report format. I have seen some code that allows you to use Word and basically create formfields that are populated from the current record. The problem for me using that method is that template has to have a path in the module and I'm not sure how set that up using UNC mapping. Currently the example shows a standard harddrive path which is a pain to use. The Database resides on a server which could be designated as a different letter, depending on who is using it. The form that displays the records is fed by a recordsource that is dynamically created in code. Would like some recommendations on how to do this? Thanks

Take a look at the CurrentProject.Path property.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back